White Plains DWI Attorney
Don't accept your White Plains DWI charges, fight them
If you were recently arrested for driving while intoxicated (DWI), you are urged to contact White Plains DWI Lawyer Robert Schuster. He has handled literally thousands of cases as a former prosecutor and criminal defense lawyer, and he has received specialized training from experts at Harvard University in negotiations. With an in-depth understanding of New York's criminal justice system and how the state prosecutes DWI cases, he is more than qualified to defend your White Plains DWI charges.
Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of a controlled substance is a crime. Your level of impairment will depend upon the amount of alcohol you drink, the amount of food you eat just before drinking or while drinking, the rate of consumption, your weight, and whether you are male or female.
Penalties for DWI in New York State
Driving While Intoxicated or DWAI-Drug – Punishable by $500 - $1,000 in fines, up to one year in jail, and license revocation for at least six months. For DWAI-Dug – license suspension for at least six months.
Second DWI/DWAI-Drug violation within 10 years – E felony, punishable by $1,000 - $5,000 in fines, a maximum jail term of 4 years, and license revocation for at least one year.
Third DWI/DWAI-Drug violation within 10 years – D felony, punishable by $2,000 - $10,000 in fines, a maximum jail sentence of 7 years, and a license revocation for at least one year.
Aggravated DWI (.18 BAC or higher) – Punishable by $1,000 - $2,500 in fines, a maximum jail term of one year, and license revocation for at least one year.
Additional Penalties Imposed
Surcharges are added to alcohol-related misdemeanors and felonies. They typically range around $260 for misdemeanors and $400 for felonies, but the amounts vary slightly depending upon the court.
If a driver has three or more alcohol or drug-related convictions or refusals within a 10 year time period, they will receive a minimum 18-month revocation if they are convicted of DWI, DWAI/Drugs or DWAI/Combination. Additionally, if a driver has a prior DWI, Aggravated DWI, DWAI/Drugs or DWAI/Combination within the prior 10 years, he or she will receive a minimum 18-month license revocation.
Why Hire The Law Offices of Robert Schuster for Your Case in White Plains
- Attorney Robert Schuster personally attends each court appearance with his client
- 1994 Graduate of the Georgetown University Law Center
- Named Top 10 DWI Lawyer in New York by the American Institute of DWI Attorneys
- 10 Best Attorneys, American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys, 2019
- 10 Best in Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys, 2017
- 10 Best Law Firms, American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys, 2017
- Nation's Top One Percent, National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- “10 Best” American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys
- "Superior DUI Attorney" The National Advocacy for DUI Defense, LLC (NAFDD), 2014
- 10.0 "Superb" Rating from Avvo
- Avvo Clients' Choice Awards from 2014-2018 for Criminal Defense
- 5-Star Client Review Rating on Google+
- Named Top 10 DWI Attorney by the American Jurist Institute
- A+ Rating from the Better Business Bureau
- Highly Accomplished Former Prosecutor
- 95% Success Rate at Trial
- The Firm Has Never Lost a DWI Trial
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Criminal Defense Trial Lawyers
- Named as one of the Top 100 DWI attorneys in New York State by the NAFDD
- Recognized as Premier 100 Trial Attorney by the American Academy of Trial Attorneys 2014 – 2016
- Named Top 100 Criminal Defense Lawyer by American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA)
- Top 100 Best Attorneys of America by Rue Ratings
- Thousands of Cases Resolved. Unmatched Results.
Contact The Law Offices of Robert Schuster
If you were arrested on DWI charges in White Plains, you should contact Attorney Robert Schuster. With experience as a former prosecutor and having handled thousands of criminal cases, he has a firm grasp of New York's DWI laws and will know which defenses would apply to your particular case. You are innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, let White Plains DWI Attorney Robert Schuster utilize his knowledge and experience to fight your DWI charges.
Contact The Law Offices of Robert Schuster today to have a free telephone consultation with Attorney Robert Schuster.
"My DWI case was fully dismissed."- P.T.
"The outcome of the case was very favorable...misdemeanor and conditional discharge off a DWI felony."- R.B.
"Robert Schuster is an outstanding attorney who works tirelessly for the best outcome for his clients."- Jane J.
"I know Robert Schuster to be both a tenacious advocate and a brilliant tactician"- Matt S.
"Highly professional"- William G.